3.24.2010

Dear Nolan...

My Dear Sweet Boy,
You are such a lucky little baby to be exclusivly breastfed. From the minute you were born into this world, you were brought to my breast to be comforted and fed. You stay close to me so I know your cues of when you want to be fed and when you just want love. There is no need to speak, no need to hurry. Your tiny body is so soft against my skin. I love watching you, bonding with you, knowing that you feel safe and warm.

Before I even became pregnant, I did my homework. I did this for you. I wanted to give you the best start in life. I knew that "breast was best", but I wanted to learn more. I wanted to learn all that I could so I could be prepared for your birth-day.

 It is so satisfying to know that I can nurture you all by myself without any intervention. I can provide for you the perfect food at any given time and it does not cost anything. I do not have to stop to mix formula, clean a bottle or worry about the ingredients.

Baby boy, as I hold you in my arms, the feeling to provide this nurishment for you   is amazing. I know that breastmilk contains natural antibodies to protect you from    colds and viruses. I can even put it on a boo-boo to help it heal faster. It keeps you strong and healthy. There is nothing else out there that even comes close.

Yes, breastfeeding IS love!

1 comment:

Sarah Mayer said...

Jenn, this is such a heartfelt post, and a beautiful picture of you and Nolan. I remember those early few days of you two, and it was such an amazing time.