3.12.2010

What you might not know about breast milk....

I was at the Health Department one day to inquire about a breast pump with the lactation consultant. As I was waiting in her tiny cubicle in the back of the office, I noticed two small posters on the wall. I quickly pulled out my camera and snapped these atttached photos. Such great information that I just had to share!! The sad thing is this: any other mothers that went into the Health Department would never, ever see these signs unless they asked to see the lactation consultant. If you have an appointment to see her, then you already know that breastfeeding is the best thing you can do for your child. Why weren't these signs plastered all over the main office where everyone that walks in will see them?? I asked her please to do that. Most of the mothers were there for WIC, food stamps or some other govermental help - and were not breastfeeding. Even more of reason to breastfeed! Breastmilk is completely free! No formula, no bottles, no water, no cleaning equipment. And, it helps build a baby's immune system so less doctor visits, less medication, less spending money. I am sure that all mothers know that breastmilk is better then formula. What they don't know is the consequences of NOT breastfeeding...

No comments: