- Top Shelf (L-R): Almond Milk (never cow's milk), Kefir Water (good probiotics), Grapes, Watermelon, Raw Protein Powder (for smoothies), cherry tomatoes, turmeric paste (for Golden Milk), Aloe Juice (for smoothies), raw chocolate balls/granola bars (home-made snacks), tonic water, vegan butter, coconut water (usually we buy the liters by the case, but the store was out!).
- 2nd Shelf (L-R): Greens - dandelion, Romain, basil, mint, sprouts, kales and collards.
- 3rd Shelf (L-R): (more greens), celery, carrots, hard-boiled eggs, more carrots (these were home-grown), eggs (in cartons). **We buy our eggs and chickens from local farms - organic, free-range, eating-whats-on-the-ground chicks. You know it's real when there are feathers on the eggs!**
- Bottom Shelf (L-R): Ezekiel Sprouted Living Bread, chicken, apples, bowl of oranges, pears, pomegranate.
- Peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, sweet potato, onions, carrots, beets.
- Top Rack (L-R): Orange, garlic, ginger root.
- 1st Shelf (L-R): Diced Garlic (when you go through as much garlic as we do, it's nice to have both whole and minced on hand!), Raw Almond Butter (never Peanut Butter), Organic Salsa, variety of dressings, lemon and lime juice, preserves, capers, Probiotics.
- 2nd Shelf: Organic Tomato sauce (I usually make home-made sauce, but nice to have a few jars on hand), Organic Yogurt, Maple Syrup (the real thing!), Spiralina, Omega-3's, Fish oil, Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Top Shelf (L-R): Organic Puffs for Nolan (not a regular snack for him, but convenient to have once in awhile), variety of beans, lentils, couscous, etc. to have on hand for a quick dinner, organic, fair-trade Costa Rican coffee, brown sugar, Spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder.
- Middle Shelf (L-R): Raw Cacao nibs, Raw Cacao Powder, Organic granola, Chocolate Bliss, Ginger chews, Coconut flour, Organic oats, Muesli, Almond Flour, Flax Powder, Gluten-free Pancake/cookie mix, ginger powder, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, mustard seeds, coriander powder, sea salt, arrowroot powder.
- Bottom Shelf Left: Nutritional Yeast, Raw Honey, Coconut Oil, Nama Shoyu (unpasteurized soy sauce), walnuts, almonds, cashews, gluten-free rice pasta, granola bars.
- Counter Top (L-R): Variety of teas in basket, psyllium husk, vitamin D and others, Juicer, Blender, Kefir Water jar, Fruit Basket: bananas, avocados, acorn squashes, bag of flax crackers on top. Side cabinet holds variety of dried spices and herbs.
As you can see, 90% of everything is REAL, RAW, ORGANIC, UN-PROCESSED foods. Obviously, the fruits and veggies vary from day to day, week to week, season to season. We try to keep a good variety of foods, condiments and spices ready to make a healthy meal. I feel that if you keep the kitchen stocked with good food, then there is no excuse not to eat well! I do not deprive myself of sweets - I love chocolate! But, it's home-made, healthy, REAL snacks - I know exactly what is in it!
Next post will be on reading labels and making better food choices when shopping!