11.18.2011

Mama's Pissed Off


"Whether you give or share, are kind or not, never let your grace fall."

This have been kinda hard for me to do lately. I try, really I do, to be a patient and loving person, and especially to demonstrate those qualities to Nolan. But my crazy little man demands so much from me. Sometimes when my patience is wearing thin, something, or someone, else takes my focus, my "grace", and turns me into a real B!%#$!!

As the mom of a potty-training toddler, using the handicap bathroom (especially with a stroller) is very convenient. Of course, I always look for a family bathroom first, but if that is not available, the handicap one is second-best. I am sure other moms in my situation can relate to how frustrating it is when a perfectly capable person emerges from the handicap stall when there were plenty of empty regular stalls to use. It's even more annoying when that able-bodied person is yapping away on their cell while sitting on the toilet in the handicap stall. My heart breaks for the truly handicapped person who relies on the bars to literally use the toilet.

All public bathrooms need attendant to make sure that the faucets work, soap is full and there are plenty of TP and paper towels. Employments rates are low - here's a good job for someone!

This has happened to me on numerous occasions. With Nolan in the stroller, I am approaching the front door of a store. A person is either in front of me or coming out of the store, clearly sees me (makes eye contact), and then does not hold the door for me! I am usually so close that I catch the door before it closes all the way. How hard would that be to hold the door? On one occasion, it was an EMT/Fireman. As we both approached the door, he got to it first. I though he would hold it for me, but no, he just walked in and let the door close behind him. (he was off duty, getting lunch).

I was recently in a church's family bathroom. The room was large and had a little nook, with a plastic desk chair and a boppy. Is this where they expected their breastfeeding patrons to nurse their child? In a bathroom? And what about the other families that need to use that bathroom - wouldn't it be easier for everyone if the breastfeeding mom used another location? Strange.

Next time, just think about all the things a breastfeeding, stroller-pushing, potty-training, chasing-after-her-kid mom has to deal with everyday, and HELP HER OUT!

No comments: