4.06.2012

The Natural Mama's Favorite Beauty Products


EO Soap

I am the first to admit that I do not know much about make-up or "beauty products". I try to find products made with as few ingredients as possible, as natural ingredients as possible, reasonably priced and that works well for my skin and hair.

My new favorite Bodywash/Shampoo is EO Soap Everyone Soap "3-in-1" Shampoo, Body Wash and Bubble Bath. The Citrus Coconut smells AWESOME! I like that I only have to buy one product and the whole family can use it! Easy for traveling, too.


For a bar soap, I like Kiss My Face Olive Oil/Shea Butter Bar Soap.


Whole Foods 365 puts out a very reasonably priced shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. Favorite scents are Herbal Mint and Citrus. I also LOVE their Gentle Face Wash.

Dr. Bronners



Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap works good for baby and as a body wash. I do not like to wash my hair with Castile soap as it makes my hair feel very dry. Since it is very concentrated, it lasts forever! I like to put the date on bottle of soaps or lotions so I know how long it lasts and if it's worth it's price. I have been using a 16oz bottle of Castile Soap for Nolan (Probably cost about $12.00) and it has lasted me almost a whole year!!!

Dr. B Leave-in Cream



Dr. Bronner makes an Incredible "Lavender Leave-in Conditioner". Smells great and makes your hair feel really silky. I will comb a little through my hair after a shower. Definatly use this if you do wash your hair with Castile soap. Whether I let my hair air-dry, blow-dry immediately, or blow-dry the next day, it always looks great, and I don't need to use any other hair products. This is a Must-Have product for me...don't know what I would do without it!






Body Lotions - I switch it up between Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Whole Foods 365 Emollient Body Lotion and Ver-e-Nice Pure African Shea Butter. It depends if it's day or night that I'm applying lotion (I don't like to be to greasy if I'm going out or teaching), if I have a sunburn, or if it's winter and my skin feels really dry. At night I use a drop of EVCO on my face as a lotion and wake up with smooth, soft skin. For baby, the ONLY lotion I recommend is EVCO, or a pure Shea butter. Great for diaper rashes, sunburns, or any other skin irritations.


Make-up - My favorite that I have been using for a couple years now is Ecco Bella. I LOVE the way their products work with my skin; they have all-natural, plant-based ingredients, which help clear up blemishes with the vitamins and minerals. For makeup brushes, I like EcoTools.



EVCO!!

A little jar of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil sit on the counter and is used as make-up remover, face, hand & body lotion, leave-in deep hair conditioner and natural healer of blemishes, scrapes and cuts.

I also like to make a sugar-scrub with EVCO, Sugar and a few drops of essential oil (I have been using Sweet Orange). With the water OFF, scrub up your entire body. A sugar-scrub is great for removing dead skin and eliminating toxins. And this homemade version costs only pennies compared to the store-bought stuff! The coconut oil keeps your skin super soft, so when you get out of the shower, very lightly towel-off. That way you will keep the coconut oil on your skin.



No comments: