6.22.2011

Happy "Raw-licious" Birthday

Nolan just turned two, and we had an awesome little party for him with friends and family. Thank you to everyone that came! We had so much fun!

I think this year's menu came out a little bit better then last time, now that I have had a year to practice my raw/vegan recipes. Everyone seems hesitant when they hear that I'm cooking (oh, God, what's she gonna make NOW!?), but I think everything turned out very tasty. Having a Birthday party, or a Holiday dinner is no reason to go off the deep end, and I proved, once again, that you CAN have great food and a great time celebrating without putting yourself in a diabetic coma!

Our Menu included: "Raw Vegan Lemon Pie" (I called this a Keylime Pie since it tasted just like that!), "Chocolate Banana Pie" Homemade Bean & Salsa dips, Fresh Fruit with Yogurt and raw granola, "Flax Crackers", and Bruschetta. For Nolan's school party I made "Lemon-Thyme Mini Muffins" with "Greek Yogurt Frosting" and "Coco-Flax Cookies". (Click to check out these individual Recipes!)

As a new mother, our family is starting to create "new" traditions for our family. One that is very important to me is preparing, eating and more importantly sharing good, healthy food with our family and friends for holidays and parties. What traditions will you start with your family?

Party at School
KeyLime and Chocolate Banana Pies
"Chocolate Face"!



No comments: