2.22.2011

Flax Crackers - Recipe

I have to give credit to Green Smoothie Girl (http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/ for this recipe. Check out her website - AWESOME! Here is her video on how make the flax crackers. They are so good, and you can make variations to your taste. I have done half and half golden and brown flax. I have added spinich to the blender when blending the ingredients. You can add more chili powder to make it more spicy. Experiment and have fun.

For this recipe, I changed it up a little. I use (2) cups flax, soaked in (2.5) cups water - this is ready in about 45 minutes to add blended ingredients to. With this quantity, I use about (2) Tbs NamaShoyu. Tomatoes - 4 small or 2 large. Everything else is the same. I throw the carrots and red peppers in the blender, but after everything else is blended smooth. I only pulse the carrots and peppers, so they are still a little chuncky. This fills up two dehydrator trays -Enjoy!

 

No comments: