Here is another "comfort food" recipe that I have made several times and love it more and more each time! Super easy, healthy and if you double the recipe, you can freeze and pull out what you want later. Nolan LOVES it!
Chicken Curry Soup
(2) Tbs Coconut oil
(1) large bunch scallions, chopped
(1) red bell pepper, finely diced
(1) green bell pepper, finely diced
(2) tsp curry powder - or more!
(4) cups chicken or vegetable stock
(1) head cauliflower, cut up
(1) large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
(1-2) large chicken breasts (or as much as your family would like) cubed
(1) 15oz can of chick peas
S&P as needed
Cayenne pepper as needed
In large sauce pan, melt the oil over med heat, and add scallions, peppers and curry and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add stock, cauliflower and potato and bring to a boil. Lower heat, partially cover and simmer for 15 minutes. While simmering, cook chicken and separate pan. Add to soup with chick peas, S&P and Cayenne and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes.