4.11.2011

Cleaning Out The Clutter

I just quit two jobs! And I am so excited about it! Elated! Free!

When I moved here about 9 months ago, I took what ever jobs came my way to make extra money while my Yoga classes built up. One was a computer-based job and the other was an aerobics instructor job at a gym, but it was about a 30-minute drive away. As my yoga classes grew and more and more opportunities were landing in my lap, I knew that I had to give up the ones that were not making me happy or conducive to my yoga practice. Although these jobs were OK at one point in time, they were not now. It is OK if priorities change. I needed to change my life around to meet my priorities.

I am by nature a "people-pleaser". I do not like to disappoint people, especially if I know they are counting on me. But, I needed to do what was best for me. How could I be a good mama and wife if I held onto things that got in my way of dong that!?

So, I had to clean out the "clutter". I quit the jobs, and was able to get rid of physical things too (papers, files, and space on my computer!) That made me feel better also! My schedule now is perfect - time for yoga, time for this blog, time with Nolan. Home at night to prepare a family dinner. And cuddling with my hubby instead of working late at night.

I have learned that when you clean out the clutter you make room for new things. And this does not only apply to the stuff in your house. It also means to clean out the emotional clutter from your mind. Clean out the time-wasting clutter from your life. I have learned to eliminate things, jobs, people and places that do not make me happy, productive or stress me out. Whenever I do that - the MINUTE I do that! - I feel a sense of freedom, allowing me to send those good vibes out into the universe!

Just clean it out, let it go, eliminate the negative. Know that you deserve love, freedom and happiness. Go for it, find it, embrace it!

No comments: